The Easiest Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Actually, I think “easy” may be an understatement in regards to this recipe. You show me any recipe that has only 5 ingredients and only 5 steps and it will most likely become my go-to. School parties, community get-togethers, impromptu family dinners with long lost cousins, anytime you need a quick sweet treat, spring into action with the easiest chocolate chip pecan cookies!
Reasons to Love This Recipe:
1. You most likely will always have the ingredients on hand at any given time. So no frantic trips to the store to make these little guys!
2. You can make them your own. Feel free to throw in your favorite flavors! Sprinkle some cinnamon in there, substitute butterscotch chips, use butter instead of oil- literally the flavor opportunities are endless.
3. This recipe makes right at two dozen cookies. Easily double the batch and bake all at one time or freeze half and bake half. The choice is yours, my friend!
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup oil (feel free to substitute a cup of butter if you like)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (feel free to substitute your favorite chips: butterscotch, white chocolate, milk chocolate, mint, etc.)
3/4 cup farm fresh medium pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a mixing bowl.
3. Fold in chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
4. Dollop dough mixture in tablespoons on a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Enjoy warm or let them cool!