To ensure your pecans maintain their unprecedented freshness and crisp flavor, we encourage you to keep these simple storage tips in mind.
- Shelled pecans can be kept in the refrigerator for about nine months and for up to two years in the freezer.
- Pecans can be thawed and refrozen repeatedly during the two-year freezing period without loss of flavor or texture.
- Airtight containers, such as jars with lids, are best for storing pecans in the refrigerator.
- Sealed plastic bags are best for storing pecans in the freezer.
- In-shell pecans can be stored in a cool, dry place for six to 12 months.
- After removal from cold storage, pecans will stay good for an additional two months.