Creamy Chocolate Delight with Pecan Meal Crust
There are many names that this dessert goes by but no matter what you call it it doesn’t change the fact that it is ah-maz-ing! It’s much lighter than cheesecake, it offers a delightful delectable sweetness, it boasts a creamy chocolate flair and it’s something I like to refer to as My Favorite Dessert.
Reasons to Love This Recipe:
1. It’s light but still decadent. If you are craving a delicious dessert but are not wanting a super heavy after-impression, this recipe is perfect.
2. It’s not too sweet. Don’t get me wrong, it’s sweet. But there is a difference between satisfyingly sweet and make-your-teeth-hurt sweet and this recipe is the former.
3. It’s easily scaled. This recipe will make (1) 9-inch pie. If you are needing to feed a crowd, double the recipe to fill a 9”x13” pan or make (2) 9-inch pies.
2/3 cup Farm Fresh Pecan Meal
3 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, powdered sugar
2 cups whipped cream
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups cold milk (I used 2%, but you can use whole or skim too if you prefer more or less richness)
1 tablespoon baking cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine farm fresh pecan meal, melted butter and flour until all components are mixed.
3. Pour combined ingredients into a glass 9-inch pie pan. With your fingers, form the crust in the bottom and half way up the sides.
4. Bake for 20 minutes and set aside to cool completely.
1. For the first layer, beat together softened cream cheese, 1 cup of the whipped cream and powdered sugar. Layer on top of the cooled crust.
2. For the second layer, whisk the cold milk with the pudding mixture. Beat until the pudding is thick enough to dollop. Layer on top of the cream cheese mixture.
3. For the top layer, whisk together the whipped cream and the cocoa. Spread evenly on top of the pudding mixture.
4. Chill overnight to allow to completely set-up. Serve and enjoy!