Juicy Fried Chicken Nuggets (Chick-Fil-A Copycat)
So this fresh pecan meal recipe tastes a whole, whole bunch like the chicken served at a popular fast food restaurant (hint: it starts with Chick…) and once you try this recipe, you will be hooked, hands-down. But don’t just take my word for it, try the recipe for yourself!
Reasons to Love This Recipe:
1. This fried chicken tastes so good! Seriously, this chicken has so much flavor- flavor that is only enhanced by the use of pecan meal. Also, this pecan recipe can be easily made totally ketogenic, paleo and Whole30 friendly and gluten-free with the omission of flour, and that’s a win, friends!
2. This fried chicken is so juicy! Unlike other recipes that leave the fried chicken dry as a bone, this recipe results in nothing but tender juiciness every time.
3. This fried chicken is so simple to make! You can easily let the chicken marinate overnight or made ahead and re-heat. Either way, you’ll appreciate the limited prep work that goes into this fried chicken recipe.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed into nuggets
2/3 pickle juice
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup farm fresh pecan meal
1 tablespoon flour (feel free to omit for gluten free and lower-carb versions)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (option, but great if you like a lil’ heat)
Pecan oil for frying
1. In a shallow dish (or zipper-seal bag) marinate the chicken in the pickle juice for at least 1 hour (overnight in the refrigerator works best).
2. Fork together pecan meal, flour (optional), and all spices in a bowl.
3. Whisk together milk and egg until combined.
4. Preheat a skillet (I prefer cast iron) with pecan oil to medium heat.
5. Take each marinated chicken nugget and dip first into the milk and egg mixture and then in the pecan dry mixture. Turning to coat completely.
6. Transfer the coated nuggets to the skillet and fry on each side about 5 minutes, or until desired done-ness is achieved.
7. Serve warm with your favorite sides or on salad and enjoy!