Harvest Apple & Pecan Dumplings
It’s the time of year that many look forward to- Harvest! Regardless of your taste preferences, it is just hard to beat farm fresh anything, but especially pecans and apples. This recipe is super simple but incredibly delicious and the perfect dessert dish to accompany you to any Harvest parties you may have planned.
Why I Love This Recipe:
1. This recipe is so simple! I appreciate that it uses simple ingredients that I often have in my kitchen.
2. I can easily double or triple this recipe depending on my needs. If I am just wanting to treat myself to a special treat, I will make the recipe as is. If I am planning on feeding many, I will look at doubling the recipe, or maybe even more.
3. This recipe provides the perfect combination of Harvest flavors. The tender cooked apples pair perfectly with the natural butter texture of the pecans to deliver a pleasant eating experience you will fall in love with.
2 Medium Apples, each cut into 8 pieces (Granny Smith work great if you like a little more tart essence, but I used Gala apples and was very pleased even still)
1 8oz Can of Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
3/4 Cup Miller Pecan Company Farm Fresh Large Pecan Pieces
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Real Butter
2/3 Cup Sugar
2/3 Cup Lemon Lime Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Unroll crescent dough. With each piece of dough, press pecan pieces on the entire inside of the dough. Place 2 apple slices at the widest part of the dough. Wrap the dough around the apples, as tightly as possible. Place dumplings in a 9x9 pan.
3. In a small sauce pan, melt together butter, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, over medium heat until bubbling.
4. Pour butter mixture over the dumplings. Also, pour the soda in the side of the pan. The soda will naturally mix into the rest of the mixture.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Enjoy warm!