Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
Whether you are putting the finishing touches on your Thanksgiving menu or you are just trying to add some color to your normal routine, this recipe is the perfect way to add some subtle sweetness and hearty flavor.
Why I Love this Recipe:
1. It’s colorful! Forget regular ol’ boring russet potatoes. Replace bland with color this season.
2. It’s nutritious. Instead of useless starches, this recipe provides healthy energy and valuable nutrients the whole family will benefit from.
3. It’s wholesome. This recipe will satisfy your hunger and your cravings. This slightly sweet and richly flavored entree provides the perfect balance of substance and flavor without leaving you feeling overly full.
4 Sweet Potatoes, cubed (I left the potato skins on for added nutrients, but you can definitely peel the potatoes)
1/4 Cup Butter, melted
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/3 Cup Farm Fresh Native Pecan Halves
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, maple syrup and salt. Add cubed sweet potatoes and mix until all potatoes are covered.
3. Arrange potatoes on a single layer baking sheet.
4. Bake potatoes 25 minutes. Add pecans and bake an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.