Easy 4 Ingredient Pecan Crackers
If you are like me and carb-loaded treats help get you out of bed every morning, I have great news for you! I am going to share with you a cracker recipe that is gluten-free, grain-free and low-carb and it actually tastes fantastic. Hard to believe, I know, but just try to stay with me.
For this batch, I seasoned my crackers with garlic powder, but feel free to season yours with your favorite custom spice blend to really make them your own.
Things I Love About this Recipe:
- You have complete freedom to season the crackers with any spice your heart desires.
- Since the pecan meal is naturally high in essential oils, we don't add another fat source.
- Roasting or baking pecan products enhances their flavor to create a robust, nutty essence to complete the crackers, something you just don't get in your normal crackers.
- 1 Cup Farm Fresh Miller Pecan Co. Pecan Meal
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder (or any of your favorite spices)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda (optional, if you prefer puffy crackers)
- 1 Egg Yolk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pecan meal, salt and spices in a mixing bowl. Mix until thoroughly blended.
3. Add egg yolk to the dry mixture and blend with a fork until the entire mixture is homogeneous.
4. On a sheet of parchment paper (I used plastic wrap and my life would have been so much easier with wax paper!), scoop the entire mix in one mound. Cover with another piece of parchment paper. Roll with a rolling pin, until desired thickness is achieved.
5. Place the bottom parchment with the rolled out dough directly onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite cheese and fruit!