Homemade Honey Butter with Pecans
Calling all fellow Butter Lovers: this recipe is for you! Let’s face it, butter is just one of those things you can’t mess up, but you certainly can jazz things up if you choose when using butter. This butter recipe is one that will earn its place in the recipe box, no doubt.
Reasons to Love This Recipe:
1. This pecan honey butter recipe is so versatile! Add a little flavor to your favorite hot roll, lather up a yummy fruit bread, or add to veggies (carrots, sweet potatoes, anything!).
2. This pecan honey butter recipe freezes keeps very well! I like to keep at least one stick of this butter in my freezer at all times. It’s perfect when I’m running late to a get-together and need something homemade, as well as simply cutting off pieces as I need them for various recipes.
3. This pecan honey butter recipe is so simple! Preparation literally took less than three minutes. Anything that can be homemade in three minutes and still taste great is a no-brainer.
1 Stick Salted Butter, softened to room temperature
2 Tablespoons honey (I switch between wildflower honey and clover honey, depending on the season)
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/3 Cup Roasted and Salted Medium Pecan Pieces (you can also roast any fresh pecans you have on hand at home for the same effect. I would use small or medium pecan pieces personally)
1. Combine softened butter with honey.
2. Add cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
3. Sprinkle in pecan pieces and whip.
4. Onto a piece of plastic wrap, dollop butter mixture in line (about 4-5 inches) and wrap up so as to re-form the stick of butter. Freeze until ready to use.
5. Serve with your favorite hot roll, slather atop a slice of fruit bread or add a dollop to your favorite steamed veggies. Enjoy!