Crisp Fruit Salad with Tangy Pecan Oil Vinaigrette
Summer is meant for basking in the warm sunshine and munching on garden-fresh goodies. That is why this salad will soon become your favorite summertime starter. Being crisp and fresh, you are able to fully enjoy summertime with this light but incredible tasty bundle of goodness.
Reasons Why I Love this Recipe:
- Color! The bright colors of the fruit pair perfectly with the dark green of the lettuce to provide the most beautiful presentation you could ever ask for!
- This salad is versatile! Feel free to serve as a meal starter or add grilled chicken breast to make this salad an entree.
- You can easily sweeten this salad up even more if you like. Easily substitute hand-roasted candied pecans for the raw pecans add some crunch and sweetness.
1 Head Red Lettuce
1 Green Apple, thinly sliced
1/4 Cup Dried Sweetened Cranberries
1 Can Mandarin Oranges, drained
1/2 Cup Miller Pecan Medium Pecan Pieces
Feta Cheese for Garnish
1 1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Water
4 Tablespoons Pecan Oil
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1. Chop lettuce and arrange on a platter for presentation. Evenly sprinkle apples, oranges, cranberries and pecans on the top.
2. For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a mason jar. After securing the lid tightly, vigorously shake the mixture to ensure even combination.
3. Feel free to toss the salad with the dressing or serve the vinaigrette on the side.