Creamy Pecan Butter
Nut butter is one of my favorite condiments. No longer do we have to be bound by just peanut butter! The time to explore mouthwatering new flavors to spice up your morning toast is now. You can make a cup-full or try it out with just a serving-size.
Why I Love This Recipe:
- You can enjoy the nut butter plain or you can add cocoa powder and a touch of powdered sugar to create your own custom pecan Nutella-like spread.
- Mix in honey to create your own pecan honey butter or just enjoy the roasted essence of the creamy pecan butter as written below.
- This recipe provides a nice break from the traditional peanut butter spread. Sometimes change is nice. And this recipe provides that.
1 Cup Miller Pecan Company Farm Fresh Pecan Pieces (since we are going to need them chopped anyway, might as well buy pieces)
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Pinch of Kosher Salt
Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1/4 cup powdered sugar (or use 3 tablespoons of honey to sweeten) to create a pecan-based Nutella-like spread
1. Heat a small saucepan on the stove. Low-medium heat helps prevent scorching the nut meats. (I love using cast iron because you have the option to roast on the stove top or the oven, and cast iron is just timeless and fun.)
2. Pour the pecan pieces in the skillet and stir slowly, but constantly, to ensure all the pieces are evenly heated and roasted.
3. Roast the pieces for a couple of minutes, or until fragrant.
4. Remove from heat to cool completely.
5. Once pecan pieces have cooled completely. place in a food processor and pulse until finely ground, scraping down the sides to ensure the mixture is evenly processed.
6. After grinding the pecans, add cinnamon (and cocoa and powdered sugar if creating Nutella-like spread) and mix in completely.
7. Finally, enjoy immediately on your favorite fruit bread or toast or pour the mixture into a container (I used a 1/2 pint glass jar) and store, covered, in the refrigerator. Pecan butter should remain fresh for several months in the refrigerator.