Craving-Curbing Trail Mix
Busy seasons tend to wreak havoc on our health. It’s tough to stay on track with healthy eating when it feels like you are on the road, keeping track of the kids or just staying involved in the community. It’s always our goal to help you be as healthy as possible while fueling the life you love. For this reason, we want to bring trail mix to your mind. Because it is perfect to have on hand when you’re thinking about reaching for a candy bar, we think it’s great to keep close when you are keeping up with living your best life.
Reasons to Love this Recipe:
1. Trail mix is all about creating your favorite combination or combinations. Create a sweet and savory trail mix, or a fruit and nut trail mix, or a chocolate nut trail mix, or a trail mix containing different nuts.
2. Trail mix is perfect for keeping in your purse, keeping in the car, or just keeping close to where you spend a lot of your time. Trail mix makes healthy snacking and curbing cravings easy.
3. Trail mix stores nicely in the freezer. So feel free to make up a big batch of your favorite mix and store some for later, when you may not be able to mix up a batch fresh.
Salty/Savory Ingredient Ideas:
Roasted and salted nuts (pistachios, pecans, amonds, cashews, peanuts, etc.)
Roasted and salted seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, pepitas, etc.)
Beef jerky bites
Flavored nuts (Cheddar Chipotle Pecans, Hot and Spicy Peanuts, Sweet and Sassy Pecans, etc.)
Sweet Ingredient Ideas:
Sweet nuts (honey roasted pecans, honey roasted peanuts, etc.)
Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, apples, etc.)
Chocolate Chips (dark chocolate, milk chocolate, butterscotch, while chocolate, etc.)
Fresh Ingredient Ideas:
Fresh raw nuts (pecans, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc.)
Fresh raw seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, pepitas, etc.)
1. Combine 3-5 ingredients, in quantities you prefer, in a bowl or gallon zipper bag.
2. Store extra in the freezer in a freezer-safe bag for up to 4 months.
3. Enjoy on the go, at the office or at home.